Dr. Geir Mjøen
Current and previous positions:
- 2015- today Resident Department of Transplant medicine, section of Nephrology, Oslo University Hospital. Full clinical rotation. Active participation in several research projects. Supervisor for Ph.D. student.
- 2012 - 2015 Resident Nephrology, Oslo University Hospital
- 2008 - 2011 Ph.D. student Oslo University Hospital Department of Transplantation “Living Kidney Donation in Norway”
- 2006 - 2008 Resident Internal Medicine
- 2004 - 2006 Internship, general medicine, surgery and primary care 18 months compulsory internship
- 1998 - 2004 Medical degree University of Bergen, Norway
Supervision of PhD students:
2013-2017 Co-supervisor Julia Smedbråten Department of Kidney Disease Oslo University Hospital Ullevål
2017- current Supervisor Anders Haugen Dpt of Transplant Medicine
Prizes and awards:
Oslo University Hospital prize for best papers published last part of 2013 awarded for “Long-term risks in kidney donors”.
Advisory Board Member DESCARTES, a European Renal Association working group on Transplantation Member of European Council working group on living donation
Referee assignments: Colt Foundation, Austrian Research Council, American Journal of Transplantation, PLOS One, BMJ Open, Kidney International, Clinical transplantation, Transplant International, Transplantation, Acta Diabetologica, Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Renal Failure